Friday, September 27, 2013

Bits and Pieces: Baby Girl Gift Idea

Baby Girl Headbands


I LOVE ribbons! I love adding ribbons to my hair on any given day. Baby girl headbands are all the rage right now. Do you remember what we used wear? I loved our plastic barrettes and small rubber band bows.  They were just enough to add to the baby girls head once she grew a little hair.  To be honest; today's hair pieces have gotten a little out of control, where the bows are wearing the baby. To each their own! However, I have always been a ribbon girl stemming from the ole' softball and volleyball days. Will I ever be too old for a bow? A friend's mom still wears ribbons in her hair and she is one of the coolest women I know. I think I will stick with my ribbons for now!

Back to the gift idea. The idea just came together after I bought some extra flowers on sale during Courtney's wedding as I made hair pieces for all the girls. They had just been sitting in my craft box waiting for a purpose. Then I remembered I had some elastic ribbon in my ribbon box that I hadn't touched in years. I decided to put two and two together to make a cute baby girl gift for almost nothing.

I put my plan into action early this month. My good friend  and co-worker Sara was expecting a baby girl at the end of September and I wanted to give her something extra special. I looked up a couple tutorials online to get an idea of how to put it together and gave it a whirl. After a little sewing and some gluing, VOILA, a trendy and colorful baby gift to give your present a personal touch.

Materials
Step 1: Burn the ends of the ribbon


Step 2: Sew ends together


Step 3: Burn ends of middle ribbon

Step 4: Wrap the ribbon to cover the sewn ends

Step 5: Secure ribbon ends with glue gun

Step 6: Ready the flower and glue on to ribbon mark

Finished product




2 comments:

  1. Hey good morning my friends how are you. iving flower gift baskets is a fun way to be creative and show someone you care. You can choose both the basket and the flowers to suit the person you are giving them to and can use different themes depending on the time of year. When choosing your flowers for a gift basket you can use live fresh flowers, colorful dried flowers and grasses or even silk flowers. Think about the size, shape and colors of your dried flowers and also how you want to shape the arrangement within the gift basket. A shallow basket is more suitable for a short-stemmed arrangement. If you are drying your own flowers for a gift basket use a desiccant to speed up the drying process. Place a container inside the basket and add some floral foam, then you can insert your flowers. When you have finished the arrangement, cover the foam with artificial moss and if the flowers are fresh, add water to the foam. If you do not feel confident enough to make your own gift basket many florists have a wide selection of ready prepared and custom made gift baskets. Add some fruit, chocolates or balloons to your floral gift basket to make it unique. During the winter holiday season, why not surprise someone you care about with a floral gift basket comprised of winter flowers. Combine rich color with roses, poinsettia, carnations, holy and ivy. At Halloween, start with a seasonal pumpkin shaped basket and fill it with lively carnations, roses, daisies, lilies, iris and orchids. A spring gift basket of flowers is a lovely start to the season. You can include many spring favorites including daffodils, daisies, calla lilies, carnations and roses.
    get well gifts for men

    ReplyDelete